The Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a full-time Assistant Director. The position serves as a key team member in working closely with the Executive Director on initiatives and special projects serving the organization's mission.
Applications for the position will be accepted until Friday, April 16th, 2021.
The full-time Assistant Director will support the Executive Director in the Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce's management and operation. The Assistant Director works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, makes decisions consistent with our mission "To serve our members and advocate for our business community", demonstrates fiscal responsibility of the Chamber, passion for growing the organization, and consistently demonstrates exceptional customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Ensures the mission of the Chamber is at the forefront of every decision made.
- Works with Executive Director to ensure all Chamber operations are conducted safely, efficiently, and professionally.
- Assists in the Chamber's financial stability through proper accounting practices and timely collection of membership dues.
- Assists the Executive Director, Chamber Board, to achieve the board goals and objectives for operations and growth opportunities for the Chamber.
- Actively promotes membership development and retention.
Assists existing members with growth and sponsorship opportunities, education & programming.
- Maintains a strong positive relationship with members of the Bemidji Alliance and community partnerships.
- Produces, oversees, and/or assists with various events, including but not limited to Business After Hours, Ribbon
- Cuttings, Luncheons, Dragon Boat Races, Bemidji Day at the Capital, Awards of Excellence, Annual Celebration, etc. Additional events may be added.
- Produces, oversees, and/or assists with various programming, including but not limited to Young Professionals Network (YPN), HR Connections, CEO in the Classroom, Professional Development Luncheons, Chamber 101. Additional programs may be added.
- Assists in negotiating with outside producers, suppliers, and vendors for events and programming.
Provides energetic and positive leadership of volunteers.
- Represents the Chamber of Commerce at various community events, meetings, and special appearances while maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- Composes, types, and edits correspondence and posts/replies, reports, newsletters, flyers, and other material with integrity while using professional judgment regarding content, accuracy, and completeness.
- Ensures all communication and correspondence is consistent with our mission.
- Assists in marketing and public relations duties and maintaining a vibrant and informative website and social media presence.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred Chamber, non-profit or association-related experience preferred.
Special-event production, planning, budgeting, and sales and marketing experience.
- Possess skills in attracting and leading volunteers.
- Leadership experience and office management in a team environment.
- Experience in negotiations and interaction with government and group entities.
- Excellent skills in gathering and presenting information and data.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to organize and coordinate tasks.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Workspace, and knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software preferred
Confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Committed to one's ongoing professional development.
- Must be willing to work a flexible, non-traditional schedule that may include some evenings and weekends.
- Successful management of multiple tasks and duties simultaneously.
- Provide professional service and communication in-person, telephone/Zoom, email .communications, social media, and through direct mail to membership, local citizens, businesses, and visitors
Interact with members, the public, and colleagues tactfully and pleasantly, including in stressful situations.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications will be accepted until April 16th, 2021.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and (3) professional references by mail or email at the contact information below:
Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce
C/O: Abby Randall
102 1st Street West, Suite #105
Bemidji, MN 56601